Copy the text below and then paste that into your favorite email application.
UPDATED Requirements for Funeral and Memorial Service Providers
Effective Friday, November 20, 2020, 5:00 p.m.
During a Zoom Meeting with Governor Andy Beshear yesterday, the Funeral Directors Association of Kentucky and the Kentucky Board of Embalmers and Funeral Directors were given specific instructions by the Governor on the pending steps to curtail the rising number of COVID-19 cases throughout the Commonwealth as they relate to funeral service.
This MANDATE becomes effective at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 20 for 24 days, ending on Sunday, December 13, 2020.
The Governor stated the updated measures that are REQUIRED include:
• All Visitations, Funeral/Memorial Services and Graveside/Committal Services are limited to 25 individuals total, regardless of where the services are held.
• No rotation of individuals in and out of the funeral home for visitations will be allowed.
• All Services are required to be private.
• If services are already planned for Saturday, November 21, 2020, and beyond, they will need to be modified to meet the new requirements.
• FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED for funeral home staff, clergy and attendees to wear. Entry to facilities should be denied if face coverings are not worn.
• Seating should be arranged that allows social distancing of six (6) feet for all services.
• Continued use of live streaming social medial broadcasts is encouraged as is the continued use of drive by visitations and drive in funerals.
Past Mandates still in place INCULDE:
• Attendees at outdoor services must maintain the six (6) feet of social distance. Attendees are, however, encouraged to stay in their vehicles.
• You should consider taking attendees’ temperatures and you should not allow individuals with elevated temperatures or signs of illness to attend in-person services.
• Assure that restrooms are used by one person at a time and all frequently touched surfaces throughout the facility are properly cleaned and are regularly disinfected.
• Must provide hand sanitizer, handwashing facilities, tissues and waste basket in convenient locations to the greatest extent possible.
• Restrict the use of all common areas (i.e. foyers, lobbies, vending areas and community/multi-purpose rooms) and no communal food or beverages should be allowed.
• Encourage no handshaking, handholding and hugging and continue to post Health Department COVID safety signs.
Friday, November 20, 2020
4:00 - 7:00pm (Eastern time)
Friday, November 20, 2020
Starts at 5:00pm (Eastern time)
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the
Service map data © OpenStreetMap contributors