Tandy-Eckler-Riley Funeral Home has been operating from the Highland Avenue location since 1991. The building itself was built in approximately 1857, with an addition on the right side (which now contains the lounge and restrooms area) in the mid 1880s. The chapel and second story addition in the back left side of the building were constructed in 1942, when Oscar Kipping moved the funeral home here from a storefront downtown.
The walls of the oldest part are three-brick thick, each of the four rooms of the original two story home (the front portion of the building) has a fireplace, all of which are inoperable now.
There an old rope operated elevator lift in the rear section of the building that was once used as a lift to the second floor sanctuary of the Carrollton United Methodist Church. It is used to this day to move caskets from the second floor selection room to all other floors of the building, but it has been updated with an electric winch.
The building has been fully modernized with state of the art electronics, spacious sitting areas, large chapel that comfortably seats over 100, and ample parking. The funeral home is full accessible to all.
Please click on an image below to access slideshow and larger photos.